Friday 10 March 2017

Fancy Fold Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my blog today and another edition of our Fancy Folds Hops. We are creating Z Fold Cards today. This one is easy but has a bit of a WOW when opening so well worth making for a special occasion or birthday.

I haven't played with the Swirly Scribbles in so long I decided to pick it for today's card. I am not entirely sure I am happy with the end card (I certainly wasn't happy at the half way point of creating it) but its here now. 

Even though I wasn't feeling it I kept playing with the design as you do, and it wasn't until the very last step that I started feeling it a bit. The addition of some sparkle !! That was the turning point.  

The background white panels were embossed using the Big Shot and Happy heart embossing folder, while the sentiment was cut from the Hello You thinlits set.  

The fold itself is really straightforward and this next picture shows it from above so that you can understand the construction if you haven't watched the video yet. 

The scribbles were cut from Shimmery White card then sponged with three different colours, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Watermelon Wonder.  I have also kept some of the middle cut out sections to make the swirls a little more solid. 


Tiny accents with the new and FREE Glimmer Paper were added and they completely lifted my *meh* card. I felt a bit better and knew I had to step away for a while before I started changing bits and redo sections ultimately resulting in mazing it project worse... I bet that happen to you once or twice as well :) 

Thank you so very much for visiting me today, I hope you have fun hopping along to see what the rest of the design team prepared for you. You are hopping onto Martha next by clicking the NEXT graphic below. Till next time lots of hugs 
Monica 
xoxo


And if you get sidetracked here's the whole list of blogs. 

2. Monica Gale - You are here
Shop Stampin' Up!

2 comments :

  1. Hello my lovely,
    your card is amaaazing: so color- and powerful. Love it.
    XOXO Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love the ideas....great card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx